8. Racking Part 1 of 2
We have arrived at the base of our route and now we want to ready ourselves for the climb! Here are the next steps as you set off into the vertical environment.
1. Lay out all of the gear for your climb, organized by type, on a dry surface.
2. Put on your helmet and harness. The following are items you might keep ready on your harness for multi-pitch climbing:
– 3 lockers for belaying and clipping in
– Hollow block (from Sterling Rope)
– Double length sling
– Lightweight climbing knife
– Cleaning tool (for the belayer)
3. Inspect each other’s harness.
4. Pack your smaller mini pack with supplies for the day. This might include:
– Cell phone (emergencies)
– Head lamp
– Duck tape
– Guide book for reference
– First Aid kit
We hope you found this video helpful. Feel free to comment below with questions or thoughts!
Please remember, climbing is inherently dangerous. Climb at your own risk.