4. Beginner Sun Salutation B
In this Yoga & Stretching for Climbing video, our CTT Yoga Instructor Ashley Fay walks us through a Beginner Sun Salutation B series.
1. Extended Mountain – Feet planted, core strong, gaze up.
2. Forward Fold – Hinge at hips, bend knees as needed to get hands to floor, block, or shins.
3. Halfway Lift – Pull shoulder up and back.
4. Forward Fold – Hinge at hips, bend knees as needed to get hands to floor, block, or shins.
5. High Plank – Slowly lower to the ground.
6. Cobra – Inhale, hold for 5 seconds then exhale as you lower back to the mat.
7. Downward Facing Dog – Straight back, hips pointed to the sky. Inhale right leg lifts and exhale through to arms.
8. Low Lunge – Knee directly above your ankle, rotate back foot so it’s parallel to side of the mat.
9. Warrior 2 – Spiral arms up into pose, hips and shoulders square with the front of mat, maintain low lunge and gaze forward.
10. Extended Side Angle – Open through the side body, breathing deeply.
11. High Plank → Vinyasa – lower halfway (elbows close to body) and updog toes pressed into the mat and heart lifted high.
12. Downward Facing Dog – Straight back, hips pointed to the sky. Repeat 7-11 on other side (left side).
We hope you found this video helpful. Feel free to comment below with questions or thoughts!
Please remember, climbing is inherently dangerous. Climb at your own risk.